Let me clarify – I ran fast-er.
I’m seriously the world’s slowest runner – like, mall-walkers-in-pastel-colored-track-suits-pass-me slow. But when I came home today and looked at the clock (which I always do – I’m a glutton for punishment) – it was a good 5 or so minutes earlier than usual. That may not seem like much, but for me it was huge – I’m talking ROCK STAR HUGE.
And I realized that, while I was running (and let me clarify this – I HATE running), I was unusually pumped and full of energy. Because I knew that today I was starting my journey – a journey that has taken 47 years to commence – and I couldn’t wait for the day to begin.
It starts with writing this blog. It’s something I’ve wanted to do for a long time but was too scared:
- No one will read it.
- People will read it, hate it – and comment passionately about how much they hate it.
- I’m too old. Over the past several months I’ve read (and read and read) many blogs – and it seems like everyone is 30 (have I mentioned I’m 47?).
- It’s too late – same “everyone” in #3 has been doing this for years now – I could never “catch up”.
- I will be exposed to people that I’ve worked hard to keep my private life shielded from.
- I’m not an amazing photographer (yet……) and all the blogs I enjoy reading seem to always have the most incredible photographs.
- It’s something completely new, and like nothing I’ve ever done before.
There – I said it.
These are the things that have held me back. But then last week I went back to my favorite blogs and then went all the way back to the very first entry of each. And it was INCREDIBLE!!!!! Not only were most not nearly as spiffy and polished as they are today, most (if not all) have evolved into something very different than what they started out to be. It was liberating. And I realized that I can just go for it, see how it feels, and adjust and “beautify” along the way.
I’m so excited…………..