Have you ever done a progressive dinner? According to Wikipedia, it’s:

“a dinner party with successive courses prepared and eaten at the residences of different hosts. Usually this involves the consumption of one course at each location. Involving travel, it is a variant on a potluck dinner.”

I love the idea because it’s a little different than your standard dinner party, and requires each host to make only one course. So I was thrilled when AnnieMary Ann and Cindy invited me to participate in this “virtual” progressive dinner!

Tuna and White Bean Salad l sherisilver.com

We’re obviously not going from house to house these days, but it was fun nonetheless to plan the perfect menu, for the days when we can actually do this “in person”. I was asked to share an appetizer and it is a GOOD ONE:

Tuna and White Bean Salad l sherisilver.com

I’ve been making this delicious, colorful appetizer for close to 30 years – in fact I couldn’t believe that I hadn’t shared it with you already! So it’s clearly a keeper, and with good reason. It couldn’t be any easier – just combine all of the salad ingredients into a bowl and add a simple vinaigrette that you mix up in a mason jar.

Tuna and White Bean Salad l sherisilver.com

It’s also a perfect make-ahead recipe, as the flavors only improve the longer the dish sits. And any leftovers make a lovely lunch too!

Tuna and White Bean Salad l sherisilver.com

Please take a look at the rest of the recipes my fellow bloggers have shared – and let’s dream of dinner parties to come soon!

Tuna and White Bean Salad l sherisilver.com

Gwen Moss – Charcuterie and Cheese

Rough Luxe – Kale and Brussel Sprout Salad

Most Lovely Things – Caramelized Shallot Pasta

Stone Gable  – Asparagus in Puff Pastry With Brie

Classic Casual Home – Lemon Tart With Shortbread Crust And Berries

Tuna and White Bean Salad

7-ounce can Italian tuna, drained and broken up
15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
1/2 cup dehydrated sun dried tomato strips, rehydrated (place in a bowl of hot water to cover, let sit for 5 minutes and drain)
1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
6 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
salt and pepper

radicchio leaves for serving

Combine the tuna, beans, onion, parsley, tomatoes, olives and oregano in a medium bowl. Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic and salt and pepper in a small jar. Shake well and pour over the salad ingredients, stirring to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or overnight.

Serve in radicchio leaves, on individual plates.

(print this recipe)

This delicious recipe brought to you by Sheri Silver

Tuna and White Bean Salad l sherisilver.com

1. Annie Diamond on April 21, 2020 at 10:14 am

Sheri! This looks beautiful! The colors are gorgeous! I will for sure be making thIs now and for my next dinner party!

• sherisilver on April 21, 2020 at 10:57 am

Thank you so much Annie! xoxo

• michele@hellolovelystudio on April 21, 2020 at 8:24 pm

Yes, please! This is something I can actually eat…yay! And you’ve packed it with protein so I’m a healthy happy girl. Thank you, Sheri!

2. cindy on April 21, 2020 at 10:55 am

Sheri this looks amazing, and I love that you can make it from pantry ingredients. I am going to make for my lunch today! Thanks so much for joining us again. We always love having you!

• sherisilver on April 21, 2020 at 10:56 am

Thank you so much! I think you will love it; it’s a longtime fave! Thanks as always for having me! xo

3. classic casual home on April 21, 2020 at 11:00 am

This looks fantastic, Sheri! We have everything except for the radicchio … this would make a great one course lunch, too. Thanks so much for participating!

• sherisilver on April 21, 2020 at 11:11 am

It’s a DELICIOUS lunch! Thank you for including me – love working with you all! xo

4. leslie Harris on April 21, 2020 at 11:28 am

Sheri first of all I’m so happy to meet you. It’s the reason I love these blogger link parties, I end up asking myself how is it I’ve never been to such a beautiful blog?. Your food photography is amazing. And back to this recipe, it looks so delicious, I can’t wait to try it.

• sherisilver on April 21, 2020 at 3:07 pm

Thank you so much! I feel just the same; so nice to “meet” you! 🙂

5. kim on April 21, 2020 at 12:35 pm

Looks pretty and delicious. I am glad to have more recipes to try. Hopefully one day we will all be doing dinner parties again!

• sherisilver on April 21, 2020 at 3:07 pm

Thanks so much! I agree; can’t wait to see people again!!!!

6. Yvonne @ StoneGable on April 22, 2020 at 8:21 am

Sheri, Your salad is gorgeous as well as sounding just delicious! And how easy? I have everything in my pantry and frig. So thrilled to be with your lovely girls for a progressive dinner! I’d love to put your recipe ON THE MENU at StoneGable!

• sherisilver on April 22, 2020 at 8:47 am

Thank you so much Yvonne! I literally cannot stop going back to your recipe and DROOLING – it is all of my favorite things and I would have this straight up for dinner! Thank you for including me in ON THE MENU!! xo