This post is brought to you by RedLaser. Get the free app at RedLaser.
With three children – all of wildly different ages, stages and genders – there is little to no overlap when it comes to holiday shopping. And time these days is in as short supply as ever.
And is it me, or do you feel like all you do some days is wait – either in your car, a waiting room or office – for “someone” to get out of nursery school/tutoring/physical therapy, etc.?
Needless to say I’ve got no time to run from store to store, browsing for the perfect gifts. And forget comparison shopping – I am more inclined to take my list and check things off fast and furiously. Better price down the block? I’ll take my chances “in hand”.
Which is why I am over the moon with RedLaser.
This shopping app literally does it all – and it has been my “go to” all season long. This is how I’ve used it, so far:
* “Deal of the Day” – this is especially great for the stores I shop in regularly – Gap, Barnes and Noble and Michael’s, to name a few (30% off and free shipping at the Gap? Yes, please!)
* Enter a specific item and it shows me prices AND availability – either on-line or locally (those Magna-Tiles that Noah is currently obsessed with – and are now suddenly impossible to find? Got ’em.)
* Shop, pay and pick up at the store (the new “Batman” DVD, waiting for me at Best Buy? No more aimlessly walking up and down aisles? Woot!).
* Save searches and create wish lists – I love lists.
Some other nifty features that I haven’t tried yet (but will):
* Scan the bar code of an item to comparison shop – on the spot – for the best price.
* Loyalty cards – you can scan and store all of them, instead of loading up your wallet (or key chain) – genius.
* Scan food items for allergens and nutritional info.
Thank you so much, RedLaser – now if only you could wrap gifts, bake cookies and decorate my tree….
Note: I have been compensated for my time spent writing this post. All comments and opinions are, as always, my own.