Well as if the end of the week wasn’t nice enough, I got THIS late last night:
The very lovely Sara of the wonderful blog Simplify by Sara gave me a “Kreativ Blogger” award!
I met Sara last year when I hired her to make magic out of the disarray that was my garage. And she did. But rather than just say “thank you” and “good-bye”, I stalked her mercilessly till she became my friend (well, at least the Facebook and Twitter kind – still working on the other………..). This is what Sara said about me:
“Sheri writes so beautifully, always pays the love forward and she is a super chic chick.”
According to the Kreativ Blogger Award rules, this is what I have to do next:
- Thank the blogger who nominated me and provide a link back to their blog (thank you Sara!).
- Share 10 things about myself that bloggers might find interesting (Hmm…).
- Nominate 6 other bloggers to receive the award and inform them (Easy).
Okay – here goes!
Ten things about me that you may find interesting (gulp):
1. I am deathly afraid of the Statue of Liberty – for reals. This is such a weird fear that there isn’t even a name for it – the closest is “megalophobia” (fear of large or oversized objects). I used to be afraid of the Lincoln Memorial too, but I conquered that a few years ago on a trip to D.C. with the kids. I’m also afraid of clowns. At least that one has a legit name (Coulrophobia).
2. My “last meal” would be a lobster roll, skinny sweet potato fries and a coffee malted. And a creme brulee doughnut from Doughnut Plant.
3. If I could be any profession other than the ones I’ve been, it would be a graphic designer. Preferably in the 1950′s.
4. I want to grow old and die in Rome (and I already know exactly where my apartment will be).
5. But before that, I want to take a road trip. A road trip where I stop in every state and eat the quintessential meal of that state. How great does that sound?
6. I’m obsessed with movies about the end of the world (think “Planet of the Apes”, “The Day After Tomorrow” and the little-known and fabulously cheesy “When Worlds Collide” ). I don’t know why – perhaps it has to do with #1 and the fact that nothing short of an apocalypse can destroy said large objects.
7. I wish I could break dance.
8. I would rather my house be neat than clean (sorry Sara).
9. I rationalized that meeting Mike via an on-line dating service (which, 11 years ago, was still kind of under-the-radar) was perfectly safe, because how often did you hear about a Jewish serial killer? Until a friend reminded me about him. I’m glad I took my chances.
10. Other than raising my children, I have never worked harder on anything in my life than I have on this blog.
Wow – that was hard! Not sure if it all qualifies as interesting, but…………
And now the easy part – paying it forward! The 6 blogs I award “Kreativ Blogger” are:
Jennifer of Life’s Dewlaps – Jenn writes openly and fearlessly about divorce, remarriage, intimacy and other “light” subjects in a funny and relatable way. I always feel less alone when I read her blog. And she loves the Foo Fighters as much as I do.
Flux Capacitor – Maggie May’s awesome writing is truly some of the best I’ve ever come across. When I read her posts the whole world just disappears, and I get lost in her words. Her writing is that powerful. Oh, and she thinks Lena Dunham is the shit. Which she is.
My 3 Little Birds Blog – because Mary Lauren writes about motherhood with humor, intelligence and honesty. I never want to miss a single post – which is totally annoying and a real time suck because she writes a TON, and in a number of places too…….
Jodi, of Jodi’s Kitchen and Home – full disclosure: Jodi is my friend. Like IRL and everything. But that’s ONLY because we first got to know each other through our blogs (so this still counts, right?). Jodi weaves her family’s stories through the wonderful, easy and always-delicious recipes she shares on her blog. The intelligence of her witty writing is only surpassed by the mouth-watering recipes she taunts me with.
Back to Allen – Lisa’s blog is always a pleasure. Lisa writes about life as a single mom to her 3 great kids with humor and warmth. And she is one of the biggest supporters of other blogs and bloggers that I know – she’s taught me a lot about “paying it forward”.
Charlie Louie, the author of Hotly Spiced, is proof of the power of blogging to bring people together. She lives with her family all the way in Australia, yet we have much in common through our shared thoughts and writings on food and family. Her comments on my blog always make my day.
That was so much fun – I can’t wait to see who gets nominated next!
Thanks again, Sara! xo